Life insurance isn’t a topic many people like to think about. However, if your family, business, or spouse relies on you financially - and you want them to be secured - then it’s an important topic to consider. Procuring life insurance doesn’t need to be daunting. Here are a few quick tips to consider before securing your coverage through Ansay & Associates:
1. Understand who, or what, you want to protect. While it’s true most people think of protecting their significant other or children, there are other benefits to life insurance as well. For example, student loan cosigners should consider life insurance to guarantee their loans, while stay-at-home parents may also have a need to cover healthcare costs and other expenses.
2. Get the option you can afford. There are a lot of options and coverage levels out there. Make sure you get what you really need. It may be a lot more affordable than you think!
3. Purchase from a financially sound company. If someone you love needs to claim the life insurance policy, it’s paramount they work with a trustworthy firm. Look for long-established companies devoted to customer service. Your Ansay & Associates advisor can help you with this.
4. Consider not only current needs, but future needs as well. While many people will just look at their current lifestyle, be aware that your needs could change depending on major life events, such as children, owning a business, or buying a house.
5. Determine your beneficiaries. The beneficiary is the person you name in your policy to receive funds in the event of your passing. In addition to a person, a beneficiary may also be a business, charity, or trust. It’s vital to think through who, or what, you want your proceeds to go towards.