Commercial Auto Insurance for Small Businesses

Do you rely on car or trucks to do everyday activities for your business? As a business owner, you could be on the hook if you or your employees cause a wreck. If the auto you use for business is insured under a personal auto policy, there may not be coverage in the event of a claim. Commercial Auto Insurance can protect a small business from the hazards of the road.

Here are some important facts regarding Commercial Auto Insurance:

What does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?

  • Property liability damage – Legal liability from damage to property of others caused by negligence of an insured.
  • Liability for bodily injury to others – Pays for the costs associated with injuries to those who are involved in the accident.
  • Personal injury – These are medical expenses, lost wages, loss of income, etc.
  • Uninsured Coverage – Coverage for the named insured and/or passengers in a covered auto when the driver of another vehicle is uninsured or for a hit-and-run accident.
  • Underinsured Coverage – Coverage for when a liable driver of another vehicle is insured, but their policy limits are exhausted and they cannot pay the remaining balance.
  • Physical damage coverage – Coverage for physical damage done to any covered autos on the policy.

All the coverage options listed above vary from one company to another. At Ansay & Associates, we specialize in indentifying the needs and exposures in your company, develop and design programs to fit the needs and exposures, and then monitor those programs and make changes as needed.

How does it work?

A commercial auto policy provides coverage for vehicles titled in the business name and used for business purposes. The most important factor to know is that the insurance follows the vehicle. Unlike your personal auto, where the insurance follows the person, commercial auto insurance follows the specific vehicle. Coverage options, like Drive Other Car Coverage, are available to purchase to give you coverage when driving another person’s vehicle.

When do I need it? 

Every business owner should have some form of commercial auto liability. Whether it’s a business owned car, your personal car or your employee’s car, you need commercial auto insurance. Hired & Non-owned Coverage even protects your business when you use your personal vehicle or are hiring someone for the course of business.

Why do I need it?

It protects you and your business from the cost of property damage, injury and liability claims. It also protects you from having a potential catastrophic loss and financial disaster.

Can you really afford that?

Every insurance policy isn’t the same, just like every business isn’t the same. Each policy is tailored to match the exposures and needs of each business. If you would like to know more about how Commercial Auto Insurance or learn what type of policy is right for you and your business, please talk to your local independent agent at Ansay & Associates.