Strategic Risk Manager
10 Questions with Mike Anderson
- What does the American Dream mean to you?
If you work hard and help those around you, you gain a fulfilling life.
- What does the Ansay Way mean to you?
Integrity and trust; it's the starting point for a meaningful professional relationship.
- In your personal experience, how does Ansay differentiate in the marketplace?
Ansay has a process of managing insurance programs; the process involves identifying exposures, developing strategies, implementing programs, and monitoring plans. The insurance policy is inevitably developed through the process.
- Why were you drawn to work at Ansay & Associates?
It's a culture of hard work, persistence, and teamwork along with innovation and a willingness to explore opportunities that many brokers and agencies seem to miss.
- Give us a view of the company – what is it like working at Ansay?
There is an expectation at Ansay that you will be personally accountable to deliver the best you've got, no one else is going to get that done for you.
- Describe your approach to working with your clients.
I prefer a consultative approach to work with my clients, exploring their concerns, and developing solutions specific to each client's needs. Getting the opportunity to spend a 10-hr day making cheese with one of my cheese manufacturing clients, it offered me a real eye-opening perspective on the process as well as the industry.
- What is one of your favorite client stories?
Favorite client stories revolve around having a true claim situation arise and having the proper coverage in place to help the business stay in business and move forward.
- Do you have any area of specific focus in terms of industry or market?
I focus on commercial risk management and claims areas for our construction, manufacturing, agricultural, and transportation, retail/wholesale customers.
- What would your clients say about you?
I'm responsive to their individual needs and I translate the insurance and risk management knowledge and experience into meaningful cost-effective solutions to their needs.
- Do you have a favorite inspirational quote?
"Wealth is the ability to fully experience life." -Henry David Thoreau